Friday 22 December 2017

Why some Yoruba actors attend Celestial churches – Adesegha

Not many people know that provocative dark-skinned Nollywood beauty, Adediwura Adesegha, nicknamed ‘Blarkgold’ started her acting career with a religious group known as the Evangelical Filmmakers Dramatic Association of Nigeria (EFDAN). She used to move around with them, acting from one church to another but proximity made her leave the group.
Adediwura Adesegha unmasked at her birthday party recently
“I had to withdraw from the group when I changed my environment and couldn’t meet up with their meetings. Yes, I was criticized when I left because some thought I backslid by leaving them. As a Christian actor you are not supposed to wear earrings and all those stuff. I am here today and they are appreciating me for what I do because they haven’t seen  signs of a Christian who has backslided in me,” she once told Potpourri in an interview. Speaking further about spirituality and religion, the mother of one, shed light on why many Yoruba actors, especially the females, prefer attending Celestial churches. “You know people love it when they tell them visions about themselves. I think that may be the reason  they attend Celestial churches. I might be wrong though. You know the Yorubas believe in the power of the spiritual. Some actresses were born into the Celestial church while some joined,” she said. Talking about her own level of spirituality, given the kind of background she came from and the lifestyle she has chosen for herself , she said she would score herself fifty percent “Spirituality has nothing to do with your mode of dressing. It has to do with your heart. When you talk about being spiritual, let me just score myself fifty percent. My morning devotion is on zero level. I will rather sing. I find it difficult to pray and keep saying “Lord do this or that for me”.Singing is the way I pour my heart to God. Everybody doesn’t have to kneel down and pray. I might sit down and just look on a spot for a while and keep my thoughts connected to God. It depends on one’s way of connecting and your relationship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Learn digital marketing free

Hi do you like to learn new skills? Do you want to know how to sell your product & services online? will you like to be a digital market...