Thursday 14 June 2018

Platform


Christians in politics should represent Jesus principles as guideline, not worldly politics – Emebeyo
Pastor kelvin Evi Ben Emebeyo hails from Iyede-Ame in Ndokwa East local government area of Delta state, but grew up in Lagos state.
Pastor Emebeyo is a pastor cum musician and in the process, he has mentored couples of young people, especially, in musical arena who are making waves across the country while some are craving to join his pastoral ministry.
Pastor kelvin Evi Ben Emebeyo
In this interview with Isoko mirror, he expressed sadness over non chanllant attitude of Christian in politics not practicing the principles of Jesus Christ as guideline. He therefore admonish Christian to have a change of heart.
Excerpt
Tell us about your background and how you grew up?
My name is Kelvin Evi Ben-Emebeyo, I hail from Iyede-Ame in Ndokwa-East local government area of Delta state. I was born and bred in Lagos where I had my primary and secondary education between 1982 and 1994. And later moved to Kwara State for my higher learning in University of Ilorin to study economics between 1998 -2000, I had terrible health issues in my third year and couldn't round up. My talent is music, and I am very skilled in plumbing and borehole drilling, which I learnt from my dad, and I'm very good in general printing business. I accepted my calling to be a pastor in 2009 after declining for a long time, because I preferred being a musician to being a pastor. But I came to understand that after everything I knew how to do collapse in my hands, that the calling of God is superior to whatever I could ever imagine. I pastor the Udu Parish of United Believers Mission in Warri.
What is your passion?
I have a very strong contagious passion for music, "I have been a choir director from age sixteen". I grew musically to naturally sing, write, compose and to play keyboard without any formal musical education, but I feel a divine backing to that effect, because I have gotten better and better musically as the years passed by.
What is your call and assignment, who is your role model(s) and why?
As a musician my role models are Ron Kenoly and R. Kelly because of their rich male vocal tone.
As a pastor, my role model is my father PST. Ben Emebeyo because he taught me how to have faith in God, and how to speak the truth with boldness without fear or favour.
How many albums have you released into the market?
I have released two albums including my current one, the first was released in 2004 titled "He is Faithful" and the current album released this month is titled "Yahweh"
what is your salvation experience?
As a pastor cum musician I have faced similar experiences pertaining to both ministries, which are financial hiccups, struggle to get these ministerial gifts across to my generation, and the challenge of coping with the changing trends of both ministries.
However, I discovered that staying in the purpose and plans of God has kept me relevant to my audience.
Your must have mentored some persons, how are they faring?
Although I have mentored a couple of young people, I have issues with mentorship, because of my mobile kind of ministry, I could relocate by the reason of transfer at any time. I have mentored singers some making waves musically and some recently craving to join my pastoral ministry.
What is your take on tithing?
Tithing is God's command which has been an issue from time immemorial. In Scriptures, God made it clear who the tithe is meant to carter for, but in recent times churches only talk about receiving tithes but not about how it should be spent this is the anomaly of tithing. However, in Matt. 23:23 Jesus endorsed tithing when he said this (Tithing) ye ought to have done and not to leave the weightier matter of the law. Therefore, I'm in full support of the tithing not minding what the church does with the tithe.
Politics; do you advise born again Christians to go into politics?
Proverbs 29:2 says "When the righteous are in authority the people rejoice, but when the wicked bears rule, the people mourn."
Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and Mordecai were all in government. And politics is the way into government, thus I'm in support of Christians going into politics. However,
Christians in politics should represent Jesus principles as guideline and not worldly politics.
What is your word to your fans and general advice?
The few words I have for my fans is that they should remember that they are not like everyone. Everyone is unique, and there can never be another of their type, hence everyone should discover his or her uniqueness and lighten their generation with their special endowments. 
Generally, everyone will face challenges peculiar to their destiny. And thus, everyone should know that their challenges are part of the making of the glory that's about to be revealed in them. Therefore, everyone should endeavor to trust in the Lord with all their hearts, and not to solely lean on their own understanding. 
Believe in your dreams, trust in Jesus Christ, persevere through the struggle and the glory in you is sure to manifest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Learn digital marketing free

Hi do you like to learn new skills? Do you want to know how to sell your product & services online? will you like to be a digital market...